Enrolling in 4-H
If you’re interested in participating in the Grand County 4-H program, follow the steps below to learn more and to get enrolled.
- Pick a 4-H Club: Grand County 4-H Clubs List (download Word document)
- Make contact with the clubs 4-H Leader
- If possible, attend a club meeting as soon as possible
- Select 4-H Project(s)
- 2023-2024 Colorado State 4-H Project List
- We recommend that new members select only 1-2 projects their first year. It is important not to take on too much at once! Members can add more projects the following years.
- Enroll (after October 1st) on Colorado 4-H Online
- Follow the instructions below for tips on how to enroll.
- Complete the enrollment process all the way until you “SUBMIT”. You will receive a confirmation email and invoice once you enroll properly.
- Pay enrollment fees based on the following dates.
- Open Enrollment Oct 1 – Dec 31, 2023 fees are $50 members, $40 Cloverbuds
- Late Enrollment Jan 1 – Jan 31, 2024 fees are $75 members, $60 Cloverbuds
- If you enroll on/after Feb 1, 2024 regular enrollment fees applied and member will be enrolled for the (following) 2024/2025 4-H year. Member can attend and participate in club events & activities, but will not be eligible for participation in the current year 4-H fair, county shoot or exhibit day. Attending and helping at the non-participation events will help you learn and be prepared for next year, however!
- Pay fees by check or cash at the Extension Office at 210 S 11th Street, Kremmling (Fairgrounds). If paying by check make payable to Grand County CSU Extension. If mailing, please send to: PO Box 475, Kremmling, CO 80459.
- Pay by credit card at the CSU eStore link for Grand County CSU Extension. Please note that a 2% credit card fee has been added to the total enrollment fee on this website to cover those fees incurred to our program. If you want a no fee option, please pay by cash or check at our office (or mail).
- Additional fees:
- Some projects have additional program fees associated and due later in the year such as Leathercraft and the Shooting Sports disciplines. Fees TBD and members notified as soon as possible.
- Order your project literature at: https://co4h.colostate.edu/program-areas/colorado-4-h-project-information/
- Members are responsible for paying for their own project materials, including online ordering of project books. For project books that can be downloaded, the office will print upon request to our office.
- Contact the Extension Office to make sure you are ordering the correct materials for your project/unit and year. We also have some inventory in stock to sell on a first come first serve basis; we won’t be replenishing and storing inventory.
- Meet with the Extension Office
- All first year members are required to have a meeting with the Extension Office. Please call to schedule with Kristi Moyer 970-724-3436.
- Our office can answer any questions and make sure you are prepared for your first year in 4-H.
- Get Involved!
- Attend your local club meetings as members must attend 6 within the 4-H year.
- Start working on your projects and record books. It is best to start as early as possible so that you discover the fun that is 4H!
Tips for using the 4-H Online Enrollment system:
- Know which club you want to join and which projects you’re interested in before enrolling, as you’ll be asked for both during the enrollment process. You can change (add or drop) projects until April 1. If you need help choosing a club call the office at 970-724-3436.
- The Animal Care and Housing form is only required for children in animal projects who are NOT housing their animals on their own property. If this is required for you, be sure to get the proper signatures.
- If you have problems or questions about enrolling using 4-H Online, please call the Extension Office at 970-724-3436.
We look forward to having you part of our 4-H family!